Tuesday, January 16, 2007

pacemaker check up

so today i have a pacemaker check-up. .. and its been exactly 9 months since i had it implanted. .. none months ago seems like years ago to me now. ..to think about the things i couldnt do or was afraid to do back then. .. its amazing to me how quickly the body really heals. . i used to think this was taking forever and i would never really return to my old self. . while there are definitly things that i have and i am still working on changing. .. i feel like such a better person. nine months ago i could barely walk down the street to buy some ice cream. . last night i walked four miles. .. and i couldnt do any of that without my pacemaker. .i used to hate having it. . and i still do somedays. .. but its really become a part of me and many days i forget that i even have it. .. until its a cold day like today and i can feel it just under my left clavicle. .... so today i will go to my checkup like i always do and get a new printout of settings for my wallet. . and have my scar looked at. .. and everything will be fine. .. its really does amaze me how routine all this has become. .. that saying. ."if it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger" really does mean something. so if the next nine months are as great as the last few have been . . i cant wait. . .

No comments:


This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called heart. Make your own badge here.
My photo
part bovine, part robot, and part dacron